Established Albany, NY based law firm with ten offices throughout the country is seeking a Office Manager to join its Washington, DC or New York City management team. This is an opportunity to work with one of the fastest growing law firms in the country (rated by INC Magazine). The firm is also recognized as one of Albany’s Best Places to Work by the Business Review.
This position manages and supports Legal Support Staff paralegal and office support staff in New York City, Washington, DC, Texas and California. The Office Manager works closely with the Legal Administrator, Managing Partners, management team, Chief Operating Officer to identify and allocate staffing needs to provide the best possible legal services to firm clientele. Office Manager interviews, motivates and works with his/her team to accomplish short and long term objectives in line with the mission and vision of the firm. This position oversees the performance evaluation process and makes compensation and merit recommendations for the legal support staff and paralegal team, writes and implements processes and procedures, implements, enhances and refines systems, continuously evaluates and ensures the delivery of exceptional legal support services. This position will report to the Legal Administrator and directly supervise the legal support staff in multiple office locations.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Oversee the delivery of legal support to firm attorneys throughout the firm in 4 locations. Work closely with Managing Partners and firm attorneys to monitor an adjust staffing levels as needed;
2. Oversee interviewing, hiring, performance appraisal, termination and progressive discipline process for office legal support staff.
3. Oversee the annual evaluation process for the legal support staff team;
4. Work with the Human Resources Manager and management team as needed to address personnel related issues when they arise;
5. Ensures that the firm’s paperless office policies are strictly adhered to;
6. Ensure that firm policies and procedures are being followed in all offices. Develop and implement standardized and efficient office procedures, develop and implement specialized training initiatives for the legal support staff team;
7. Oversee the firm calendaring process to ensure that client deadlines are properly docketed;
8. Supervise paralegal billing requirements, manage, develop and grow the paralegal team;
9. Ensure client confidentiality and ethical standards set within firm policies are met on a daily basis;
10. Supervise the operation of the reception, mailroom, kitchen/break areas;
11. Demonstrate and maintain confidentiality of the firm’s business operations and personnel affairs.
12. Be responsible for case file management and storage to include the closing of electronic and physical cases and ensuring the files are properly sent to storage;
13. Travel to firm offices once every two months;
14. Availability on nights and weekends as needed to address emergency issues.
15. Performs or supervises payroll functions;
16. Evaluates non-legal staff and makes recommendations to firm management regarding work assignments, salaries, bonuses and discipline;
17. Performs a liaison function between the firm and office landlords to ensure the following activities are performed:
- Facility problems are solved
- Parking facilities are made available to employees
- Cleaning services are satisfactory
- Emergency protocols and plans are set out and ready when needed
- Manages the firm’s office furniture inventory
- Coordinating routine furniture purchases
- Assisting the owner in making furniture purchasing decisions
- Acting as the firm’s liaison with vendors
18. Coordinates the purchase of office supplies;
19. Arranges for the purchase of approved office equipment;
20. Monitors and enforces the Firm’s policies and procedures to ensure that all work is completed in accord with the Firm’s approved rules, policies & procedures;
21. Coordinates and handles the arrangements for firm events (e.g. holiday parties, volunteer work, etc.).
Qualification and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or related field;
2. At least 3 years of management experience in a professional services industry with client facing experience, experience in a law firm is preferred;
3. Proven track record of results and leadership;
4. Must be a self-starter, team player, highly organized, pro-active and able to take the lead on tasks with minimal direction;
5. Exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
6. Strong analytic and organizational skills;
7. Experience in Microsoft Office suite;
8. Must be able to travel several times per month for several days.
The Office Manager has direct supervision of:
1. Legal Support Staff
Competitive compensation, employer matched 401(k), paid holidays, vacation and sick time a comprehensive benefits package to include six health insurance options, three dental plans, vision, life, short term and long term disability insurance, and a 24/7 concierge telemedicine service.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements for consideration. Submissions without these requirements will not be considered.
If you have any questions or need help using our career portal, please contact our hiring team at firstname.lastname@example.org.