Tully Rinckey PLLC, a successful full-service law firm with offices throughout the United States is expanding into Dublin, Ireland and is seeking a Senior Director of Operations.
The Senior Director of European Operations will serve as the executive for managing, directing, coordinating, supervising, and training of the Firm’s support and operational staff throughout Europe. The Senior Director of European Operations will help drive the international expansion efforts of Tully Rinckey as the management representative abroad.
Support and operations include; finance, media relations, marketing, client relations, information technology, recruiting, human resources, and administrative legal support staff. The Senior Director of European Operations will assure a thorough understanding and direct the actions, tasks and programs of the Firm’s intent, mission statement, practices, business model and objectives, and ensure all support and operations personnel are trained, prepared and capable to conduct the necessary tasks required to realize the firm’s partners vision and intent. Ensure support operations are cost effective, efficient and amplify the efforts of our Solicitors as they conduct the business of the firm. Responsible to establish goals, objectives and measures of effectiveness for the long-term initiatives that will guide all support personnel thereby helping to ensure long-term growth of the firm. Has authority to hire, train, mentor, discipline and, if necessary, terminate support and operations personnel. The Senior Director of European Operations is expected to adhere to all the Firm’s policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with the management team to implement the firm mission and vision as directed by the Founding Partners.
- Lead expansion efforts into new markets throughout Europe.
- Provide supervision and support with respect to the marketing, client relations, IT, recruiting, financial, Human resources and legal administration areas of the firm as they relate to European operations.
- Provide support and work collaboratively with all Managing Partners of the firm while serving as an ex-officio member of the Attorney Management Committee.
- Work collaboratively with Chief Financial Officer to manage all financial and business planning activities.
- Ensure that all relevant financial data is presented to the Founding and Managing Partners.
- Supervise the production of monthly reports for the assigned area of responsibility.
- Interview Solicitors for priority and lateral positions within the firm.
- Participate in outside and community activities that are deemed appropriate to enhance the prestige and community awareness of the firm as a full service law practice.
- Have ultimate authority over inter-departmental matters.
- Direct purchasing, receiving, storage, issuing, preparation and control of all products, supplies and equipment in conjunction with CFO.
- Establish and approve workloads, work methods, and performance standards.
- Establish performance goals, allocate resources, and assess policies for department managers.
- Direct all support growth activities in accordance with the Founding Partner and Managing Partner’s objectives and plans, including leading all strategic planning efforts.
- Ensure the ongoing maintenance and update of information technology systems and infrastructure, including hardware and software applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; MBA preferred
- Minimum 7 years of management or operational experience in a professional services environment (legal, financial, accounting, etc.);
- Must demonstrates a broad understanding of operations, growth, management and/or business development experience;
- Experience managing multiple offices