Recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by multiple business journals Tully Rinckey PLLC, is seeking a Legal Secretary to join its team in our Buffalo, NY office. This is an opportunity to join one of the fastest growing law firms in the country (rated by INC Magazine).
The Legal Secretary will be directly responsible for supporting Partners, Senior Attorneys, Associates, and fellow Legal Support Staff on all aspects of legal document preparation, client communication, and general office procedures. A strong attention to detail, commitment to quality work product, and client service skills are required.
Specific duties include:
- Maintain electronic and physical files according to company procedures;
- Scan and post all correspondence, emails, notes from telephone calls, and faxes to ensure proper file compliance;
- Maintain task lists for documents and court deadlines;
- Electronic calendar maintenance for attorneys;
- Communication with law firm clients;
- Review attorney cases to assess the need for replenishment of funds, when needed;
- Draft legal documents and correspondence, as directed;
- Prepare and assemble materials, documents, and exhibits for meetings, court appearances, and hearings;
- Schedule appointments for attorneys;
- Research inquiries and requests for information; and
- General office duties as assigned for the professional operation of a law firm.
- Preference given to individuals with Military Law support background or familiarity with Military law terms.
- Must be a self-starter, work well with co-workers, and perform all secretarial duties.
- Experienced legal secretary (2 years’ minimum) preferred, but not required.
- Two-year legal secretary or paralegal education preferred, but not required.
- Proficient in all aspects of Microsoft Office, Excel, Westlaw, and document management software or equivalent.
- Must be able to prepare draft documentation using Word or through templates and be able to revise and finalize as directed.
- Notary Public is preferred.
Competitive compensation, employer matched 401(k), paid holidays, vacation and sick time a comprehensive benefits package to include six health insurance options, three dental plans, vision, life, short term and long term disability insurance, and a 24/7 concierge telemedicine service.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements for consideration. Submissions without these requirements will not be considered.