Tully Rinckey PLLC, a full-service law firm with eleven offices nationwide, is seeking a Director of Business Development to join our team. The firm has been on the Inc. 5000 list of America’s fastest-growing private companies eight times, and business journals have recognized Tully Rinckey PLLC’s professionally stimulating and supportive work environment as one of the “Best Places to Work.”
The Director of Business Development is responsible for understanding the growth projections of the firm and implementing business development best practices to help achieve firm goals. This position will oversee large scale business development efforts to include procurement of business and/or government clients both nation and worldwide that will result in profitable, long term relationships for the firm. Business development duties will include the creation and implementation of strategies that will lead to successful new business capture.
This candidate will be responsible for generating new business revenue directly attributable to his or her efforts. This position will report directly to the firm’s Chief Marketing Officer and will be a key member of the firm’s Business Development Committee.
- Identify, administer and oversee successful, strategic, revenue generating business development efforts.
- Develop and implement proactive business development strategies for the firm that builds upon existing client relationships and target new opportunities.
- Develop and implement strategic business development plans that will successfully grow new practice areas for the firm.
- Identify, procure, oversee and present responses to legal services RFP’s marketing the firm’s practice areas.
- Develop and implement tools and techniques to support and enhance attorneys’ client relationship management and related business development efforts.
- Coach and support attorneys on presentation strategies and techniques. Participate and oversee pitches and presentations to business and government clientele.
- Client acquisition/retention strategy development and tactical planning.
- Strategically oversee and help implement attorney, practice group and firm wide business development strategies and activities.
- Research and develop market intelligence initiatives to include identifying key clients, potential laterals, new markets and growth opportunities.
- Automate and streamline the Request for Proposal (RFP) process to help win institutional clients.
- Intelligent, innovative, hardworking, mature individual with a proven track record and leadership skills.
- Success minded individual with experience coaching C level executives or attorneys;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Advanced presentation and public speaking skills;
- Exceptional analytical, organizational, workflow, and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to procure, analyze and respond to solicitations and RFP’s and appropriately assess their value to the firm, resource requirements, and budgets; and
- The desire and ability to be a part of and contribute to a team-oriented management culture.
- When necessary, or if delegated, to effectively manage and direct other employees for business and marketing activities.
- Exceptional relationship building skills; and
- Able to deliver results and execute independently with minimal direction;
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; MBA strongly preferred;
- Over 5 years of experience in a marketing, business development or sales role with a proven track record of success identifying and procuring new business revenue results.
- Understanding of the legal market or prior professional services experience,
- Able to travel to the firm’s offices on a regular basis;
- Experience in a professional services or business-to-business environment, legal industry preferred but not required.
Competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, to include six health insurance options, three dental plans, vision, life, short term and long term disability insurance, employer matched 401(k), paid holidays, vacation and sick time, and a 24/7 concierge telemedicine service.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements for consideration. Submissions without these requirements may not be considered and discussions with our firm will be held in the strictest confidence.
Feel free to reach out with questions by contacting our hiring team at firstname.lastname@example.org. More information about our firm can be found on our website by visiting www.TullyLegal.com.