Tully Rinckey PLLC is seeking an Office Manager/Legal Secretary to join its Washington, DC office. The ideal candidate will be responsible for supervising daily tasks of the legal support staff in the firm’s Washington DC, New York City, Texas and California offices (approximately 5 employees), while also providing direct legal support in the firm's DC office.
The Office Manager/Legal Secretary will report to the Director of Legal Administration, and will work closely with Managing Partners, Chief Operating Officer and other members of the firm’s management team to identify and allocate staffing needs to provide the best possible legal services to firm clientele.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Oversee the firm calendaring process to ensure that client deadlines are properly docketed.
- Be responsible for case file management and storage to include the closing of electronic and physical cases and ensuring the files are properly sent to storage.
- Draft legal documents and correspondence, as directed.
- Prepare and assemble materials, documents, and exhibits for meetings, court appearances, and hearings.
- Interviewing, performance appraisal, and progressive discipline process for legal support staff in the firm's Washington DC, NYC, Texas, and California offices.
- Ensure that firm policies and procedures are being followed in all offices. Develop and implement standardized and efficient office procedures, develop and implement specialized training initiatives for the legal support staff team.
- Perform or supervise payroll functions.
- Performs a liaison function between the firm and office landlords and vendors.
Qualifications and Skills
- Proven Legal Secretary/Paralegal background and management experience.
- The ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
- Track record of results and leadership.
- Must be a self-starter, team player, highly organized, pro-active and able to take the lead on tasks with minimal direction.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytic and organizational skills.
- Experience in Microsoft Office suite.
Compensation range of $40-$60k annually, employer matched 401(k), paid holidays, vacation and sick time a comprehensive benefits package to include six health insurance options, three dental plans, vision, life, short term and long term disability insurance, and a 24/7 concierge telemedicine service.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements for consideration. Submissions without these requirements will not be considered.